April 3rd - Shooting star
April 5th - Shooting star
April 8th - Morning star
April 10th - Evening star
April 14th - Shooting star
April 23rd - Evening star
April 25th - Meteor shower
April 27th - Shooting star
Post by Lady Alanna on Jan 23, 2023 20:44:38 GMT -7
1) All mages need a focus to cast spells. This can be a wand, staff, orb, or other such trinket but the best are considered to be heirlooms or objects of personal significance.
2) Incantations are needed to cast spells unless one is a master of spells from that particular school of magic. There is very rarely a set incantation to spells, often mages have their own personal incantations for spells. The intention is more important than the words.
3) Mages learn to cast spells in their native tongue, college students that take Arcanum learn the arcane language to cast more potent and powerful spells. It takes four years to master Arcanum.
4) Academy students enrol at the age of 13 and study for four years of mandatory education. They learn controls, history, and the basics of all forms of magic.
5) College students, any magic student over the age of 18, study more advanced magic for as long as they want but they must take at least four years of any one subject before they are considered ‘masters’ of that subject. There is no age limit, even someone in their 60s can go back to study more.
6) All Mages learn the basics of the eight schools of magic while in the Academy. The eight schools of magic are: • Abjuration: Often considered the least direct school of magic, abjuration spells are protective in nature and usually take the form of shields or barriers but advanced spells can even negate magical or physical abilities. • Conjuration: Spells that create materials, energy, or creatures are part of this school. Advanced conjuration can even allow the mage to send a creature to another place or even plane of existence. • Divination: Magic that enables the caster to learn lost secrets, predict the future, or find hidden things all fall under the school of Divination. • Enchantment: This school of magic affects the minds of others, from influencing to controlling their thoughts and behaviour. • Evocation: Perhaps the most direct and aggressive school of magic, evocation spells involve manipulating energy to produce a desired effect. Most evocation spells cause serious damage to the spell's target. • Illusion: Magic of this school involves deceiving the senses or minds of other beings. This can include making a person see or hear things that aren’t real. • Necromancy: Spells from this school manipulate the forces of life and death. This includes healing spells as well as spells that deal with controlling the undead. • Transmutation: Magic that changes the physical properties of something or other living beings.
8) Use of magic to reanimate the dead, create undead, or control undead are considered illegal. Some still practise this in secret. .